When was the last time you Googled yourself?

I was looking for a potential customer phone number. Someone I haven't done a lot of work with (I think I talked to him a year ago). Let's call him Fred Fredson, and let's pretend he lives in Nashville. I couldn't remember his business name, so I did a quick Google search on his personal name: "fred fredson nashville" (it's Google -- no caps needed). I was shocked. People had been reviewing his business using his personal name and saying some not very nice things. I then Googled him by business name, and it was a different story. All I got was his nice business listing.

It made me realize that people are saying things about businesses in ways that had not occurred to me...and that while some of them are neutral or even flattering...some of them aren't. So I encourage you to Google yourself by name with your location and see if there are any surprises out there waiting for you!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...